Three Mandatory Trainings (for All Coaches and Volunteers)
- General Orientation – http://www.specialolympicspa.org/?option=com_sopagoquiz
- Protective Behaviors – http://www.specialolympics.org/protective_behaviors.aspx
- Concussion Training – http://specialolympicspa.org/ways-to-help/volunteer/concussion-training
- SOPA Recommended: National Federation of State High School Associations Concussion in Sports training course which is available at https://nfhslearn.com/courses/38000
- The Centre for Disease Control’s Heads-Up Concussion in Youth Sports training course, which is available at http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/online_training.html
To register as a volunteer – please go here – https://vsys.specialolympicspa.org/pages/app:newvolapp and complete ALL of the required steps.
- Volunteer Application -to complete and mail.
- Download a Volunteer Opportunities List of current volunteer needs both for the coach, assistant and other vital volunteer positions.
- Volunteer Training – List of local volunteer training opportunities.
- General Orientation (required by ALL Volunteers) – http://www.specialolympicspa.org/ways-to-help/volunteer/general-orientation
- Protective Behaviors (required by ALL Volunteers) – http://www.specialolympics.org/protective_behaviors.aspx